How does STARS support my compliance reporting requirements?
- STARS is a report rich system, providing schools with 90 prepared reports based on date ranges, so that reporting becomes an easy task. In addition, the STARS query tool allows customization without cost.
- Required reports like IPEDS are accurately completed in seconds.
I am planning to apply for accreditation and Title IV eligibility, how will STARS help me in the process?
- It is important to have a master system implemented prior to the start of your application process.
- All of your data will be current and accurate for the process. With STARS, obtaining the information required in the application is quick and easy.
- As former school owners, our knowledge and experience combined with the comprehensiveness of STARS, support the various stages of the application process.
How can STARS help me better manage my school?
- The campus director can identify trends and concerns quickly, and is able to address them immediately.
- The school managers work more closely together in order to improve all areas of school operations such as show rates, retention, SAP and placement.
- As former school owners, the STARS team provides insight and coaching using the STARS reports.
Is the cost of a school management system intensive? Are there hidden costs?
- STARS is the most affordable system available. It is variable based upon active student population.
- There are no upfront hardware costs with STARS.
- There are no hidden fees
- There are no upgrade costs
- No special campus IT support is required
What is the benefit of not having a school management server on campus?
- Because STARS is housed on the cloud, using the most secure platform on the market, your data is less vulnerable for serious problems. Your schools information is more secure and readily available from anywhere.
What kind of support should I expect?
- The training/implementation schedule is established to accommodate the school’s schedule. Each functional area is thoroughly trained according to the pace desired by the school. Training videos are also available on the STARS website.
- The STARS help desk operates 24/7. In addition, the STARS Support Team is easily accessible.
Why is it important to have a cloud-based system?
- You can access STARS anywhere by using an internet browser
- No hardware required and no IT support required
- The IBM Power7 platform has no recorded break-ins.
What if I have a special need?
- The STARS query tool allows report customization.
- Any needs that require specific programming attention, are made in writing to the STARS team with a follow-up regarding timing and cost.
- How long is the implementation cycle?
- STARS is implemented by functional area, as training is completed.
- Full system functionality depends on the school’s desired pace for training. Most schools fully implement STARS in 3 to 6 months.
How does my staff get trained on the system?
- STARS training sessions are online.
- Usually starting with the admissions team, followed by education, finances/financial aid, and placement, each functional area receives specific attention.
- Training is an interactive process where participants attend the session and receive adequate time to complete tasks that establish familiarity and competence.
Can the financial aid system be uploaded/downloaded/transferred into their QuickBooks system?
- Yes, STARS can export your information; however, the school may be required to purchase a third-party utility depending upon their accounting system.
How does STARS handle multiple campuses?
- STARS is ideal for multiple campuses! Each school is a separate entity within STARS while the platform allows seamless integration for consolidated data as needed.
How is data conversion managed?
- The school determines the data to be converted.
- The school sends a sample in excel spreadsheet format.
- The STARS team reviews the sample to determine whether it is in proper format. When the data sample is approved, the data conversion is completed.
- The conversion fee is based upon the type of data to be converted.
- A proposal is provided for the school’s approval and data conversion must be complete prior to training.
Are there any updates?
- No software updates. STARS continues to add to the system and offers all new features to current clients with no extra charge.
Can STARS import third-party leads?
- Yes, STARS allows real-time posting of third-party and school website leads with immediate contact to the admissions representative via the STARS CRM and text messaging.
How many schools can be integrated with STARS?
- STARS can accommodate and unlimited number of clients.
Do I need any special software to connect to STARS?
- No, as long as you have access to an Internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox